Thursday, October 13, 2011

100 years too late

3 years, 4 months, and 26 days.
That's how long I've been married to a cowboy. 
In my experience, cowboys are a dying breed. Some call them throwbacks, some old fashioned, I just call them late. Nearly everyday, I look at my husband and his buddies and marvel at their kind's ability to survive for centuries.
They barter and trade for anything they can. They camp under the stars and drink coffee made over a fire. They prefer horse shoes to horse power. You can stand by their name and their handshake. Hard work has a completely different definition to cowboys than it does for most people of todays society. They balance the best sermons are lived, rather that preached.

They are kind, old souls that cannot ever be replaced.
100 years...1,200 days... or 28,800 hours... or 1,728,000 minutes.
That's how much too late most cowboys are born.

No comments:

Post a Comment