Saturday, October 22, 2011

Stuffed Jack-O-Lanterns!!!

This isn't the type of thing I normally blog, but these stuffed peppers were so cute, yummy, and super easy!!!
First, I found orange bell peppers at my grocery store (living in a very rural area doesn't always make this possible.)
You cut the tops off and clean out the inside as needed. Do not crush them!


Then, with a very sharp knife, carefully carve out eyes, noise, and mouth on one side. Have fun and make them each a bit different!



 Then, I add about a tablespoon of water to the bottom of a jumbo muffin tin and place the peppers in the tin.



Then stuff with your favorite stuffed pepper filling. This time I used whole grain wild rice mix (cooked per package instructions) and added some diced up smoked sausages. Fill peppers.


 Cover loosely with foil and bake at 350 until peppers are tender (about 30 minutes, but I could definitely angel then when they were done!) Now, in my house, a meal is not complete without cheese. So, I remove the foil, top them with cheese, and bake uncovered another 2-5 minutes until the cheese is all melted and bubbly. Enjoy!!


1 comment: